Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Work it Wednesday 8.8.12

 My daughter Adeline and I have been getting more into crafts recently. She's going to be four soon, and she's gaining the attention span to sit down and craft without leaving the table every five seconds. I looked on several different blogs to spruce up old shoes and turn them into glitter shoes, and decided to give it a try.

The materials I used were:

A pair of scuffed up shoes
Modge Podge
Glitter
A couple of paint brushes and little container for my modge podge and glitter
Scotch Super 77 Spray Adhesive

One blog I read said to mix the modge podge with glitter to create a paste to paint on. I did that for for this pair, but I think in the future, it would be easier to paint a layer of modge podge on to your shoe, then dump the glitter on it. After giving the shoes a few taps, let the modge podge dry. Use the Spray Adhesive to sort of seal the shoe, so glitter won't be flying off all the time. 

Pretty simple craft, and I let my daughter paint the shoes with it! This will not be the last pair of shoes we glitterize!









1 comment:

  1. So cute! I'll never be able to glitter Owen shoes but this is an awesome craft I can do with my nieces!

    ReplyDelete