Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Work It Wednesday 8.15.12

I've been feeling so crafty lately! I'm trying to keep it up instead of just thinking about all the cool things I could do while I sit around watching Toddlers and Tiaras. 

Last night was the first meeting for a book club that I'm part of called Cookin' the Books. We read The Glass Castle, which is a memoir of Jeanette Walls living in a dysfunctional family. I bought it on my kindle and read through it in two days. Not bad for me, I've never been much of a reader in my adult life.  I decided to make little cakes that look like butter, because there is a part of the book in which the sisters have nothing to eat in the house, so they stick butter in sugar because it "tastes just like frosting."

Yep, those are little pound cakes with butter cream frosting, nestled in butter wrappers! They were quite a hit, I was so excited!



Also, my friend and her son's birthday is coming up. On the invitation she said that he has a lot of toys. So rather than get him something that will sit in the bottom of a toy box, Adeline and I made him something he could use. A hot wheels clock!


 It was quite easy once you get the materials together, and I think it turned out pretty well! I went ahead and got the battery for it too, because everyone secretly hates getting gifts that need batteries and aren't working yet. Best of all it's a birthday present made with love. Doesn't get better than that right?

No comments:

Post a Comment